Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner

This Works for Me Wednesday I'm going to take the wimpy route. I'm sure that we at-home moms are supposed to share the ingenious ideas we've created ourselves, but sometimes there is a product out there that just makes our lives easier and we should tell all the other mothers.

I HATE cleaning the shower. I don't know why, but give me a toilet anyday. Actually, I think I do know. It stems back to my college days when I cleaned homes for a living and women would tell me, "There is mold growing in my shower [because I haven't cleaned it since we moved in], do something about that, won't you?" And I'd get out my products and toothbrush and scrub away and bleach out their counters (which of course I was expected to replace at my cost) but couldn't make a dent on the mold/mildew.

Anyway, now it is my shower growing mold and I still hate to clean it. Enter, The Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. I heard the ad last week on my way to Sam's and I thought I'd just check, for giggles sake, if they had one. They did and it was !!!!!$25!!!!! I thought, sheesh, that's a bit high, doncha think? And then I thought of my wonderful husband whose mother is an immaculate housekeeper and I know how the shower drives him crazy because he's never seen a dirty shower. And I thought, well if it works, it'll be well worth every penny.

IT WORKS!!!!!

My shower was filthy. I admit it. And it isn't sparkling clean yet, but I can tell a definite improvement in just four or five days.

I don't know what they cost at the regular store. At Sam's it came with four refill tanks and the cleaner. But if you follow the link they will send you a coupon for $5 off. Of course you can't use coupons at Sam's, but maybe the $5 makes it almost free other places?

Anyway, WORKS FOR ME!

See and link to other works for me's over at Rocks in my Dryer.

8 comments:

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Does it really get mildew off? I'll try it! I've resorted to keeping a bottle of Lysol Mildew Remover IN our showers (spray it on when you get out, kids) - ours just don't vent right and it's a constant battle that I'm just too tired to fight. Thanks for the tip!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I seriously was thinking about this, too, when I saw the commercial but had my doubts. It really works? I just might have to go for it!

the lizness said...

no kidding, I hate mold, and our bathroom doesn't have a fan. I'm going to try it.

Sandra said...

I've seen the commercial but always wondered if it really worked. Thanks for letting us know that it does, I guess I'm buying myself one :)

My WFMW is up :)

Julie said...

I actually had this in my cart at Sam's a couple weeks ago and thought "hm, who knows if it even works" so I put it back. Now I'm going to have to get it for sure!

Aunt Murry said...

I was waiting for someone to tell me that it works because I am so buying one...

Jodi said...

I'm with you on the hating to clean the shower bit, so I'm gonna have to check this thing out! Thanks for the tip.

Chaos-Jamie said...

You'd think that I'd just use Tilex, but there is just something about only having to push one button rather than stand in the shower, unclad, spraying a fog that is landing all over your frashely cleaned bod that makes this thing worth it. For me anyway. I hope it doesn't disappoint.