Sunday, May 21, 2006

Over the Hedge

Yesterday morning, my hubs and I took the kids to see Over the Hedge. We were trying the "combat the da Vinci debacle by going to another movie" approach. I was pleasantly surprised with how funny and clean Over the Hedge was. There was a lot of adult humor in it, but none that I feared the kids repeating in their ignorance. There were slightly scary scenes, but not nightmare inducing. The biggest problem was when I was laughing so hard and the kids kept stage whispering, "What are you laughing at Mom?" We all walked away from the movie feeling like it was time well spent. It didn't hurt that all movies were $4 and three and under were free.

I hope there wasn't some glaring indecency in it that I'm going to get pounded for....

Currently reading and currently rivited:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog! I see I am the first to comment on this entry! Glad that you enjoyed the movie and hope you are enjoying the book you are reading!

I just found your blog and let me say...I too am a Christian...it's AWESOME to find other Christian women and moms online who have blogs sharing their lives as Christians and as Christian Moms! It REALLY is AWESOME!

Feel free to stop by my site (you'll need to register for FREE first before you can post a comment...just click on the register link on the right side of the page) and leave a comment and say hello (just click on Leave Your Comment on any of my blog entries or whatever and post reply on the box that comes up). Hope to have you as a regular visitor to my site and I'll try to visit your's often as well!

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to watch that, too. Glad to know it was clean. So what's Dark Hour about?