Sunday, August 12, 2007

Insanity

My sisters and I have a traveling award of which I am this week's recipient. It is "The Parent of the Week Award." And, yes, it is tongue in cheek.

As I have won hands down this week, I will probably try to be a good mommy this coming week and go to the pool and play Uno rather than blog. Not that I blogged last week when I did such a fabulous job of parenting, but I'm going to try anyway.

Speaking of parenting:

This morning I was snuggling Charming and thinking how insanely much I love him. He gets me up all night. He doesn't take naps. He refuses to take a bottle or eat anything other than what my body provides. And he really demands to be held all the time. I'm hoping this is teeth. But the point is we think people who harm their children are insane (and they are), but if you look at human nature, doesn't the fact that we love these creatures who take our lives and turn them inside out, upside down, chew us up, spit us out, stomp on our hearts, take away our sleep, and then get absolute forgiveness with a smile....make US the insane ones?

And with that, I will leave you with a little entertainment. I tried to get You Tube to post this to my blog, but they don't seem to have.

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

We men say the same thing about our wives.

Did I just type that out loud?