Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Princess

Tonight at dinner, Frodo was being a brat with a capital B. I said, to no one in particular, "I fear we are raising up a brat."

Princess said, "Mom, you shouldn't call him that!"

To which Hubs replied, "If the shoe fits..."

To which Princess replied, "Dad! That's an idiom!"

We both looked at her and blinked. I got up and got the dictionary.

Huh, she's right.


Here's another one: she came inside yesterday after being outside about 23 seconds and said, "Mom, it's so peaceful outside. There are no mowers running, or kids, or cars, or locusts, or birds. You just see leaves blowing and butterflies flapping around. It's so quiet!"

Of course it was. It was 115 degrees out there (heat index...maybe 103 true?). Leave it to her to find the good in this nasty heat wave.

Gotta love that girl.

5 comments:

mommy4life said...

Smart girl! I'm not sure that even I know what an idiom is....Dictionary.com here I come...

Melanie-Pearl said...

how cute and smart!

a boy called chloe this week and after she hung up Mason (all by himself) said, "It might be looooooovvvvvve!"

i guess there are some things you don't have to teach your kid.

Julie Carobini said...

Me thinks you're raising a writer. Like her mama :)

Angi said...

And how old is princess???? Too funny!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

If my kid called me an "idiom", I would put them in time out.